Sunday, June 26, 2005

And It Begins...

So, I have decided it is time to create a blog, because I know everyone wants to live precariously through me. This blog may not contain journeys throughout Peru, but is still worth the read. Critics, please be kind. Today turned out to be a fantastic day. One of my good friends, Erin, who also was one of my junior year roomies at Sewanee, was in town for an optometry conference. After braving the parking lot that is 635 for an hour, I picked her up out at the Gaylord (which is pretty amazing, people) and we went to lunch at Mi Cocina in Las Colinas. I figured since she was in Texas, I needed to prove to her that our Tex-Mex is much better than the Tenn-Mex she has become acustomed to in Tennessee. We chatted about the goings on in our lives and it was great to catch up with her, since I hadn't seen her since a friend's wedding last July. Our group of Sewanee friends is trying to get together in October for Homecoming, but I guess it'll depend on if there are any cheap airfares, especially since Chris and I are planning a trip to Chicago for Labor Day. (Die, Wright Amendment, Die!) After lunch and dropping Erin off at her hotel, I went to the Rascal Flatt's concert out at Smirnoff at Fair Park with Ginger, Amanda and another friend Melanie. We enjoyed beer, laughs, and good music. I think they are one of my new favorite bands, coupled with Bright Eyes (thank you, Chris). I was just excited that they played "Bless the Broken Road" (lyrics go "God bless the broken road that led me straight to you) because that is one of my new favorite songs and holds special meaning to me. They also played some good covers like "Friends in Low Places", "Pour Some Sugar on Me", "Born in the USA" and "Let It Be" (or "Letter C" as we liked to sing). I think the funniest part of the night was this biatch who laid a blanket in front of ours and would squirt water at anyone who stepped on her blessed blanket. So, the quote of the night would definitely have to be "Don't step on the blanket!" to all passerby's. So, in this parting, I dare all of ya'll to go out and step on some blankets.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Yay!!! congrats on your first post!

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home