Tuesday, June 28, 2005

"Everyday holds the opportunity for beauty."

I named this post after a quote I heard in a movie this weekend and I thought it was fantastic and uplifting. My happiness today would definitely have to be the fact that I began taking a dance class today!! This is very important to me because I have been dancing all my life (definitely a part of who I am) and haven't had the opportunity since I graduated from Sewanee two years ago. It's an adult hip hop class and is so much fun. It felt so good to work up a sweat and feel worn out. A work out that's actually fun, imagine that! Boo running! So my friend Jo and I are gonna go to this dance class at least once a week. I can't wait to get back in shape and get my dancer's body back. Oh, and the guy who teaches the class has a DVD coming out Friday, how cool is that?

On a more serious note, I got an e-mail from Wes, who is this amazing old guy who, with his now deceased wife, left his home in the US to "following his calling" and move to Ecuador to build an orphanage. When I went to Ecuador in college, we helped build this orphanage (www.eldulcerefugio.com). Anyway, this e-mail said that recently one of the boy's parents came back for their son and later rediculously accused Wes of child abuse. Why the authorities chose to believe these flaky parents over Wes is beyond me, but probably has to do with the fact that he is a "gringo". So, Wes is very unsure of the future of the home, but knows that the older boys are being transferred to a juvenile detention center (when they have never been accused of any misdemeanors before) and the younger boys are being taken out of Wes' custody for now. So, please pray, send good thoughts, do a lucky dance for Wes. I'm sure I'll update when I get more news.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Third world country can be beautiful but their governments suck!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home