Friday, July 01, 2005

"This isn't for old people, who have backaches, heartburn and scratch their butts all day."

As you may have guessed, I love quotes. This particular one wins quote of the day and was said by my 8 year old nephew. Haha. He's a hoot. Today we went to the Rainforest Cafe (all you DFW people need to check it out - it's in Grapevine Mills) and it was so much fun. This place is amazing. Throughout the restaurant there are HUGE aquariums and all the walls and the ceiling are covered in fake trees and jungle brush. They also have mechanical leopards, gorillas and an elephant that all move and make noise. We sat by the waterfall, which was complete with running water and a rainbow! After lunch, we went to see Madagascar, which was really cute. It's no Finding Nemo, but it's definitely up there. It even had references for adults, which always adds some fun. My favorite part was that there were lemurs in it!!! (Plus, they said "Oy Vey!") For those of you who don't know, my senior year at Sewanee I studied lemurs on St. Catherine's Island off of Georgia for a few days. Therefore, they hold a special animal place in my heart. Haha. And what would you know, Chris even has a tshirt with a lemur on it - is that perfect or what? Tonight, I was supposed to go hit some golf balls with Thomas and some friends but I have to get up early for work tomorrow, so I decided I'd regret the golf and beer in the morning. I'm actually looking forward to a weekend of work. I desperately need the money, plus it'll keep me busy and hopefully make the weekend go by quickly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home