Friday, July 15, 2005

Nephews = FUN

Today my mom and I went to pick up my nephew to come spend the night tonight. We had a good lunch at El Fenix (of course) and then went bowling. Up until the last two sets (I'm not a bowler, I don't know what they're called) I was being beaten by an 8 year old!!! And believe me, he made it known EVERY time he bowled something better than I did, which was often. But oh oh, I came back in the end for some whopping spares and I beat his little 8 year old hiney! You play with fire, and you're gonna get burned! Don't worry people, I really am a good aunt, I promise. On the way back to our house, my nephew was talking about what he wanted for his birthday. The conversation went something like this:
Nephew: "I want a PSP for my birthday."
Mom: "Isn't that some sort of street drug?"
Me: "No, mom. That's PCP."
At least I don't have to worry about my mom getting into drugs....or do I? After the bowling, Adam and I went swimming and he had great fun splashing water on Chloe and making her bark. Then tonight we went to Chili's for dinner, but alas, the monsoon that came through cut off power to that intersection, so we settled on Chuck's. Then we went to see War of the Worlds. My dad and nephew liked it (MEN!) but I guess it wasn't that bad. It just seemed like Independence Day Part Deux. Plus, I'm on Tom Cruise overload - when will he ever go away? Other than that, it was good. Gotta get up early in the morning for work (which I'm oddly enough excited about) and then Chris and I are off to eat sushi and go to see Bob Schneider to celebrate one of my UA girls' bday. Should be a good day all around! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home