Monday, August 08, 2005

A festive weekend

Friday night I went with Chris to celebrate Nadia's birthday at Gloria's. They have the best fried plantains.....'nough said. Saturday I had to work but that night we celebrated Chris' birthday! A big group, about 23, of us went to the Pocket Sandwich Theater by Mockingbird Station. We saw a comedy about Jekyl and Hyde, but the best part was all the popcorn wars. After the play we all went back to Chris' apartment for an after party. Chris, Sean, Josh and I made a midnight run to Whataburger, which turned into a comedy in itself. I hadn't laughed that hard in forever, complete with sore abs and watering eyes. There are some pictures in the Summer 2005 album on http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/akgerety@swbell.net/my_photos. Then Sunday was Chris' actual birthday. He and I went to the Nasher Sculpture Museum which was amazing. So many cool sculptures. Half are inside the museum and half are outside in the garden. Luckily, Chris liked his presents that I gave him - a wooden box full of wine bottle tools (his mom gave him a wine cooler) and a tripod. His mom came over that evening and we tried to order some dinner for delivery, but our order got lost. We finally ate some good takeout pizza around 10 pm. I'm so glad I got to spend Chris' birthday with him!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home