Friday, August 05, 2005

"I'm Batman, but you can call me Bob"

Just got home from one of the best concerts ever. Anne, Chris and I went to see Bob Schneider at Poor David's Pub tonight. We got to the door and who walks in behind us...none other than Bob himself. So, naturally, I asked him if he had $16 so I could get in the door. No takers, but I had a laugh. He also asked Anne if she was gonna have some pizza....crazy kid. Bob played solo and acoustic, which was awesome. Just him sitting on a stool singing and playing his guitar. So so so good. I am even more obsessed now. Hehe.

In other news, Tuesday morning I interviewed for a Child Life practicum placement at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children. I thought it was going really well and wasn't nervous at all until the interviewer told me they only accept two practicum students each semester and she would let me know one way or the other next week. Well, about an hour later, I get a phone call from her saying I got a placement! Yay!!! SOOOOOOO excited. I'll get to work two days a week at the hospital in the playroom, in childrens' rooms and waiting rooms. What's also exciting about this place is that once a week therapy dogs come to visit the kids. How cool. Oh! AND I got A's in both of my summer classes. Hip hip hooray!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home