Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Home of 'ol Smokey

So, I'm wondering why every movie that takes place in Texas has to portray it as an ass-backwards place full of redneck cowboys. I was watching Serving Sara tonight (there was nothing else on people) and part of it takes place/was filmed in Dallas. In it was a billboard with the picture of an electric chair on it and it said "Home of 'ol Smokey....361 Satisfied customers" which honestly, I got a good laugh out of. But other than that, everyone had horrible hick accents, wore cowboy hats, hung out at cowboy bars and went to monster truck shows. Now does that sound like me, a native Texan, or what?

Another humorous tidbit today was when my mom and I went to pick up my dad from getting a steroid injection (the big juicer....but actually it was for a bulging disk in his neck). This lady in the waiting room was talking to this guy waiting for his appointment. No, that's not bad, but this 45 year old lady (keep in mind, not a senile old fart) went on and on about how if she was gonna get pregnant she'd have to have invetro, how her boyfriend is 22 years older than she is, and then she talked about her family and how her only nephew was in jail in Huntsville. Boundaries, people! My mom and I had to hold up our magazines to hide behind for we were laughing so hard and secretly praying this lady wouldn't turn to us as her next prey.

I've taken the first step today towards my better, healthier self! Not only did I start a diet, but I also did a mile on the treadmill (which is a lot for me) and I went and signed up for an adult advanced tap class. This new studio opened up in the exact location as my old dance studio. It was such a trip down memory lane walking in that studio for the first time in 15 years and I'm so excited to start classes on Monday!

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

doctor's office TMI has got to be the worst, since people are there because they are sick in the first place. hope your dad's doing better.

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home