Tuesday, August 16, 2005

OT, I think it's for me!

So, for the past two days I have been following around OT's at the hospital and I absolutely loved it. Yesterday I followed around inpatient and got to see a splinting, an eval., and a reflex stretch. One of my favorite little girls who has been in my playroom before came in for a session, so that made my day. Today was even better. I was out at the outpatient clinic, which I actually like so much better, because there are a lot of PT's and OT's working in the same area, so it was great being around so much activity and being able to see so many things going on at once. Today I saw one ortho eval., a developmental eval. (she actually used one of the tests that I will be learning to administer this semester), and a feeding session. I even got to throw the medicine ball around with one of the patients. This poor mom brought in her two year old daughter for a session. Not only did the daughter have Down Syndrome, but she has two more sons with Downs. Three out of her four children are Downs kids. I don't see how she even makes it through the day. I go back tomorrow for more observational hours, start classes on Thursday, see a Downs workshop and hand clinic on Friday and then I'm hoping to go back next week to complete my required 50 hours. Busy busy times for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home