Friday, August 26, 2005

Whew, long week

Well, I finished my 50 hours of observation for OT apps. I really loved it and am so excited about OT school, if I can get in!!! I got to see lots of great stuff at the hospital, like splinting, sensory issues, fine motor activities, massaging and positioning. The therapists up there were so friendly and great and really made the field exciting. I got my supervisor to fill out a rec for me for TWU and I think she wrote a really good one. The next step is filling out apps, getting GRE scores and transcripts. Other than that, classes started last week and half of them appear to be a waste of my time. One of them is for my practicum which means we just get together for an hour and talk about our experiences. I don't even start my practicum until mid september. Another class is a seminar in autism, which has 80 people in it (ok, my largest class in undergrad was like 25 people) and it's co-taught by this weird married couple. The woman goes off on horrible tangents and the guy has a trach so I can't even understand him. This is why I am probably skipping next week so I can pack for my trip to Chicago!!! So, please leave suggestions of where to go/do/eat in Chicago and what book I should take on the plane. I just finished The Red Tent a week or two ago and it was really good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home